Highland Games

FitToHunt

I've got a buddy that's been competing (for fun, but seriously) in Highland games for years now. He tried to recruit me into in back in the day, but I didn't have any interest at the time. Now, I was just looking through some of his pics and its seems pretty damn cool. I'm always down for something new to train for, and especially anything with a large strength component.

Anyone here have any experience with this niche' sport?

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
I've got a buddy that's been competing (for fun, but seriously) in Highland games for years now. He tried to recruit me into in back in the day, but I didn't have any interest at the time. Now, I was just looking through some of his pics and its seems pretty damn cool. I'm always down for something new to train for, and especially anything with a large strength component.

Anyone here have any experience with this niche' sport?
It does look cool. I got in a little trouble in college when we tried an unsanctioned caber toss competition. There may have been a Keystone or two involved. Does that count? We used towels for kilts, and of course the cops were called because it was a lot of fun. No tickets thankfully. Somebody thought we were throwing them at the guy marking distances and it turned into a big hullabaloo. It may have gotten pretty loud also. We tried our best with some raunchy Scottish ditties we found. Anyway, I don't recommend college campuses for practices, but it was a heck of a good time for a little while.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Yes, I've competed in some smaller meets as well as the Worlds Strongest Man events.
Got some cool stories to tell. lol

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
It does look cool. I got in a little trouble in college when we tried an unsanctioned caber toss competition. There may have been a Keystone or two involved. Does that count? We used towels for kilts, and of course the cops were called because it was a lot of fun. No tickets thankfully. Somebody thought we were throwing them at the guy marking distances and it turned into a big hullabaloo. It may have gotten pretty loud also. We tried our best with some raunchy Scottish ditties we found. Anyway, I don't recommend college campuses for practices, but it was a heck of a good time for a little while.
Keystone huh? I am amused by that, bitter beer face!