Gimp is BACK!!!

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
So for those that know already here is a cool update..for those that dont, I dislocated my shoulder on the 18th of June. Full seperation. ER put it back into place.

I called a few docs, and googled some recovery exercises...and did everything they said not to do....I worked the hell out of it.

Today I could not stand it...I psyched myself up...and went for it. First group was in the dot...all five arrows..shoulder was tender but no pain...

Second group...well....GIMP IS BACK na na na...na na na..(yes to the sound track!! lol)

I am so stoked its not even funny...this is my second complete and solid robin hooded arrow in four years in carbon arrows.... my point from other posts has been proved yet once again...sportsmanswarehouse arrows are just fine.

Shots were at 20 yards.IMG00297-20110709-1906.jpgIMG00298-20110709-1907.jpg

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
IMG00299-20110709-2113.jpgThanks...but here is a pic that shows how deep in the shaft it goes. Tonights is the top set. The lower set was done on the third day I bought this bow and set up four years ago. In the upper pic the two fingers isnt the arrows...it represents my second time I did this since carbon arrows.
I have shot since I was 6 years old. I have done this several times with aluminum shafts. When carbons first hit the market they used to say it was impossible because they just shattered....which most of the time that is true due to alignment of impact being just off enough to make them shatter. But when you do get two carbon arrows aligned perfectly on impact...they literally do insert into the previous shaft.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I was wondering how your shoulder was, good to hear that it is doing good. I was out wake boarding yesterday and pulled my shoulder out of socket partially, when I pulled my arm back because of the pain I felt it go back in. Today it is pretty tender, I didn't dare shoot my bow, so I'll give it a couple of days and see how it feels. I hope when it feels better I am shooting like you!

Jerry

Feb 21, 2011
Joseph Or
Welcome back gimp!! I've had both shoulders operated on for torn and/or detached ligaments. I can definitely sympathize with the recovery period. It took months to be able to draw my bow.

fatrooster

Jul 5, 2011
Spring Creek, Nevada
I feel your pain! I too dislocated one of my shoulders. After two surgeries and one long pin and 20 years later things are just fine. Your gonna be allright. Especially with your determination. fatrooster.