Gators and hogs with a bow

DH56

Jan 17, 2014
Northern, Ohio
Great hunt and very nice gator. Congrats.

Family has a place there we go every year....love the weather in the winter.....not too hot and not too cold...[emoji3063]

Sunrise from the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reflex

Apr 21, 2011
Lincoln, NE
How much meat is on a gator like that? What does it taste like? I've had fried alligator before, but it didn't taste like anything other than fried batter! :)

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
When I went we got quite a bit of meat from our gators. They were not nearly as big as his though. I still have some vacuum sealed in the freezer for special occasions. 6 foot gators we probably got 10-15 pounds of clean meat out of each of them.

Honestly, it does taste like slightly fishy chicken and has the look and texture of chicken breast.

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
Got my 2019 archery dinosaur skull back.

[video=youtube_share;MGnpfdG7q6s]https://youtu.be/MGnpfdG7q6s[/video]

barryallen1337

Sep 4, 2019
What part of Florida are you looking at? Gator season doesnt start until August. You can apply for tags in May. The success rate to get drawn is pretty decent. I believe some private ranches with outfitters can hunt year round? That will be pretty expensive. If you draw your own tags, than it will be a little cheaper for a guide to just take you. It is pretty equipment intensive with bow, floats, harpons, bang sticks etc. It will definately get your blood pumping with a 12 ft gator pulling your boat around in the pitch black! Good luck
Shareit vidmate apk

Last edited:

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
What part of Florida are you looking at? Gator season doesnt start until August. You can apply for tags in May. The success rate to get drawn is pretty decent. I believe some private ranches with outfitters can hunt year round? That will be pretty expensive. If you draw your own tags, than it will be a little cheaper for a guide to just take you. It is pretty equipment intensive with bow, floats, harpons, bang sticks etc. It will definately get your blood pumping with a 12 ft gator pulling your boat around in the pitch black! Good luck
The hunt took place back in Feb.