Finally some horn!

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
I know the pic is insanely difficult to make out. I was taking a picture of a camera and got alot of reflection. This is a d17 buck. I have spent months moving cameras trying to narrow down on these guys and am finally starting to find them. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348675731.255390.jpg

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
Haha...I too looked at the photo for a long time. I even tried looking through it like a "hidden image" picture. Pretty sure he just uploaded the wrong photo. Or maybe he's pulling a Andy Kaufman prank on us.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I can see a ear and trees in the back round but that's all I can see. Can you upload a different pic? Sorry man just can't see the deer.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Its a hidden image for sure! Here is what happened. I went and checked the cam but forgot my additional sd card. So i took a pic of the digital camera with my phone. That being said. The deer became translucent. If you look at the image rather than thru it in the bottom left corner the easiest thing to make out will be the white hair around his eyeball. Once you see that you can make out the horns. Almost has white tail characteristics with a sweeping main beam. I will definitely get better pics uploaded once i get the other sd card swapped out.

ando_31

Sep 14, 2012
ND
Ohhhhhhhhhhh a sailboat!!

Okay now I see it. I thought the ear was smoke from a ciggy and you were just pulling our leg.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I have a headache !
A lot of D17 bucks have whitetail type anters.
Don't know if you know him but Oscar Reade, a taxidermist in Yucipa years ago shot a buck that looked exacly like a big 5x5 whitetail.
He mounted it and had it hanging in the Redlands Walmart for awhile. Every body accused him of mounting a whitetail rack with a muley cape. Nice buck about 22" wide.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Im stuck working graveyard in town (vegas) and the cam is in california close to another jobsite im working at. Ill get the card monday for sure. I just couldnt bear taking the cam down while i left for a week.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Hes got a big fork in the front but a real tall tine towards the back that almost looks to split. Or its just the camera and some velvet tearing off.