Drawing results

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
The results for drawing permits have been posted!! Friday. Best of luck to all who applied!

Nothing for me...again.

Last edited:

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Sorry to hear it. Bunch is in Pa. right now, I think. He may have some non-drawing goat options. Sheep show at the Rohrers booth.

justjason

Feb 17, 2017
I drew a caribou tag for unit 20A. Does anyone have some advice to offer? Any help appreciated.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I'll have to check!! It might not be much of an adventure this year though! I sure hope this season goes as well for you as the last one did!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Bob, sorry to hear you didn't draw. Is your moose area a draw? Did the Mrs. Draw anything ?
I tried to draw an "any bull" area and not have to worry about judging the 50" antler spread. Neither I or my wife drew anything but we have several other options. She's been fussing about doing a caribou hunt. I better start planning for that!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Anyone know when the Undersubscribed Hunts will be posted? I am getting a lot of conflicting information.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Anyone know when the Undersubscribed Hunts will be posted? I am getting a lot of conflicting information.
Fish and Game will post information on undersubscribed hunts on the first Monday in March (6th). There will be a press release on their website detailing what is available and how to apply then.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Thank you. Do I need to wait for the form or can I go ahead and download the form that is online now and have it ready?

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Thank you. Do I need to wait for the form or can I go ahead and download the form that is online now and have it ready?
I would probably download and have it ready. You may be able to apply online, not sure. My contact on this is real busy at the game board meetings and I was just lucky to reach her. I think if you have the info ready and check the website on the 6th, you should be fine.

The board is making changes right now. One that sounded like it passed was to lower the limit for caribou from 2 to 1 for non-residents, in portions unit 26. The herd up there is doing poorly. They are putting limits on residents also. One effect is the non-resident's who have already purchased 2 tags, who plan to hunt those areas, will only be allowed to use 1. A few hunters may be out some money.

At least the change was a restriction, not a total closure!

usmc99

Jan 7, 2015
I was lucky enough to draw a tag on the first time ever applying in AK. Got a DC590 tag for caribou. Cant wait!