Dove Season! Well, almost...

D.Turvey Jr

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
Who's getting cranked up for some fast flying action here in a few weeks? I have a feed lot all staked out, looking forward to hammering them with a good buddy on the opener!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
That's right less that a week for the Dove season opener! It will give me a good start to what should be a busy hunting season this year. Starting with doves in Sept. then my son's rifle antelope in late Aug. followed immediately by his archery deer. Then to AZ to help my brother on his hunt in Oct. for rifle bull elk. A few of months of small game and birds. Then finish the season off with my late season cow elk hunt here in NV.
Good luck to everyone on your hunts.

D.Turvey Jr

Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
That's right less that a week for the Dove season opener! It will give me a good start to what should be a busy hunting season this year. Starting with doves in Sept. then my son's rifle antelope in late Aug. followed immediately by his archery deer. Then to AZ to help my brother on his hunt in Oct. for rifle bull elk. A few of months of small game and birds. Then finish the season off with my late season cow elk hunt here in NV.
Man that's awesome! We don't start here until September 1st.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Wow! I really got ahead of myself there. Just wishfull thinking I guess. Our opener is the same as your on Sept. Ist.

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
My browntop millet food plot is looking good. I've already got a few resident doves hanging out in the area. Hopefully some big fat "northern" doves will show up before the season starts. Trigger finger getting itchy!

D.Turvey Jr

Feb 11, 2014
Powell, WY
My browntop millet food plot is looking good. I've already got a few resident doves hanging out in the area. Hopefully some big fat "northern" doves will show up before the season starts. Trigger finger getting itchy!
Yeah I am getting ready for the BBQ that follows! Cream cheese and dove stuffed stuff jalapeno's wrapped in bacon on the grill...mmmm!

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Oldest son (9) got drawn for the youth dove hunt on the near by state property. They save the best fields for the kids, so it should be a shell burner!!

siwulat

Sep 6, 2014
Minneapolis
One of the First seasons for us here in MN. Definitely not the same as opening dove in TX but always a blast. Nothing more fun in wing shooting than those little buggars imo!

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Well, finally got to hunt again! First dove hunt was a blast! Beautiful weather, lots of doves, and I limited out before my brother! Two more hunts to go, it's gonna be a great weekend!

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Son shot his first limit today! Not bad for a nine year old. Feild was awesome though. It's open to all tomorrow, gonna get there early and try for another!

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Had a great hunt in KS at a buddy's place, limited both Saturday and Sunday the first weekend of season. Won't say how many shells it took though! I bought a few regular decoys and two Mojo spinner decoys that made for some really nice high percentage shots in areas where they were visible. The guys that borrowed them to hunt a cornfield cut for silage while we sat at a pond got some great shots at birds flaring to land. When it got good late in the evening nothing mattered, you couldn't load the gun and pick a target fast enough to keep up the way they were going. It was a blast, it hasn't been that good for years. Most years a cold front pushes a lot of them through before we can hunt the first weekend.