chronic wasting

gradycoshooter

Apr 26, 2011
Amber, Oklahoma
I know I am a long ways away from the drawing for 2012 muleys in wyoming. I noticed on the hunt area maps that there is an astric next to several areas that show they have been hit by chronic wasting. I am planning on general region D cause I have some contacts there that could possibly give me some insight on where to start and concentrate my hunting. Does anyone have any insight on how bad it has effected the muley herd or if it has been so slight that you cant tell any difference. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
The deer herds have been hit by CWD all over the state. My friend's cow elk from the southern BigHorns tested Positive. Not sure where region D is offhand. The deer south & east of Casper are dwindling, mule deer especially. The whitetails along the Platte river took a hit from it too. Mulies are in trouble all over the State, not sure if it's due to CWD or habitat loss. You may want to contact Wy,G&F about your concerns.

gradycoshooter

Apr 26, 2011
Amber, Oklahoma
Thanks shootbrownelk I will get in contact with wgf and my contact. Region d is along the co border encampment is where the other contact is at. I didn't know that cwd was such a prob in wy I thought it was more in north central co. It's a shame we can't figure out a way to take better Carr of those animals what a waste. Thanks for the advise sbe