California Lost to the Antis

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Gov. Brown signed Bill SB1221, last week to ban hunting with hounds for Bear and Bobcat in our wonderful State of California :mad:. Wonder what will be next.

Last edited:

Buck8541

Sep 29, 2012
Northern California
Not much longer now, and they will have completed their objective. I had already booked my hunt For late November. The houndsman was nice enough to give me back all of my deposit.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Dose it go into effect this 2012 year? Whata bunch of BS. At least I got the chance to hunt with hounds a few times here in CA, even though I didn't get to kill a bear with dogs, I still had a fun time with the experience. Maybe the bear population will get way out of control and they'll be easyer to find, for us with out dogs? It's never good to lose another form of hunting, because like bigshot said, where will it stop? Damm jerry brown and CA!

SAR

Jun 6, 2012
Weed, CA
I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m disgusted with this state and the anti hunting agenda of not only the politicians but frankly the Department of Fish & Game also. They think all hunters are poachers and I would like to see the entire sportsmen community boycott this state and not buy licenses for a year and see how that works out for them. The hunting in this state isn’t worth it any way!

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Gov. Brown signed Bill SB1221, last week to ban hunting with hounds for Bear and Bobcat in our wonderful State of California :mad:. Wonder what will be next.
Here's what is next Jolly Jerry just signed a bill changing the name of the Department of Fish and Game to the Department of Fish and Wildlife. Next project is to move "DFW" headquarters to Hollywood"!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Pretty sad situation. The California where I was born and hunted and fished for over 50 years is gone. Sure glad I decided to retire in Colorado 12 years ago. I still have my memories!

sjsmallfield

Veteran member
Feb 22, 2011
Jackson, CA
Just talked to a guy who runs bears here in CA. He just put his house on the market because of the new law. Pretty sad if you ask me.

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
I grew up in southern cali and really want to die and be buried here with the rest of my family....but man, all these new laws (Hunting and Gun) make me want to move out and die happy somewhere else!!

Buck8541

Sep 29, 2012
Northern California
I know how you feel Cowboy, I am only 38 but my wife and I are buying a place in MT and will leave as soon as the youngest graduates from high school. This state is too far gone to right itself.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
California has some awesome and beutiful country and holds some wonderful memories for me. The politics are dissaopinting here at times in California though and hearing more hunting restrictions, well it just saddens me. Not just for California today but more for what other states might find years down the road if more anti hunting views and hunting regulation restrictions should spread more and spread to other states. I can hunt out of state, or move to a more hunting friendly state which I do and probaly will one day but the real question is, will our future generations be able to hunt and how much will anti hunting views or regulations spread to other states?

Buck8541

Sep 29, 2012
Northern California
Kevin,

I have an acquaintance who is high up in DF&G, he is a good guy, pro hunter. He will be the first one to tell you that the anti hunting lobbyist are close to completing their objective, and their is nothing that we as hunters can do to stop them. They even want to change the name of DF&G to Cal Wild. Pretty sad.

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Kevin,

I have an acquaintance who is high up in DF&G, he is a good guy, pro hunter. He will be the first one to tell you that the anti hunting lobbyist are close to completing their objective, and their is nothing that we as hunters can do to stop them. They even want to change the name of DF&G to Cal Wild. Pretty sad.
Already did it. Our illustrious Governor signed the bill last week.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
Starting Jan. 1, California's Department of Fish and Game will become Department of Fish and Wildlife.

Just my opinion, not to talk politics but the money spent to change the name would have better be spent easing the state's lingering budget deficit.

I've read that the department projects the name change will cost more than the Legislature's upper estimate of $300,000, mostly to redo the department's website and computer systems. The current letterhead, uniforms, license forms, vehicle logos and other remnants will be used until they're exhausted, then replaced in the normal cost of doing business.