Cabelas Alpha Extreme

T43

I couldn't resist and picked up a pair of the Cabela's Alpha Extreme 10x42 binoculars. They were $100 off with a coupon so they ended up being just shy of $120. I thought I had my mind made up to get a pair of Nikon Trailblazer 10x50 but when I saw the $100 off deal I figured why not? I looked through and liked the Nikon's but I haven't looked through the Cabela's so I hope I'm not disappointed. Anyone have a pair? what do you think of them? I know they won't stack up to the 4 figure glass but I've been putting up with cheap bino's long enough that anything should be an improvement.

T43

They have arrived. My initial impression is good. I would put them in the same class as the Nikon ATBs and all the other $200-$500 binos I looked through. I'll post back after I have had a chance to actually use them in varying light and weather conditions but so far I don't see how you could find anything better for the price.

jay

Mar 10, 2011
TriCountyNM
T43, 10x42's for $120...I don't think you could go wrong man! Cabela's has been around for a long time so i don't think they would put their name on anything that wasn't at least decent. Like you say, won't stand up to the Swaro's but for the price i'd do the same. Hope they work out for you. Let us know how they perform!

dead river

Mar 20, 2011
NC
I went to buy them when i saw your post and have found a way to get it to 120, or even close...for that price, i would have jumped on it.

T43

Used them quite a bit over the last month. Didn't spend hours at a time looking through them but so far I am very happy with them. They obviously don't gather light like Swaros but at ten times the price I'm good with what I have.