Burris rifle scope

Hunterdan

Dec 22, 2011
Does anybody have a Burris rifle scope and if so would you recommend it? I've heard good things for the price but figured I ask

Big Sky

Apr 6, 2011
Bozeman Mt.
I have a 3X9 fullfield 2 on my 7mag. It itsnt fancy, but every year it is dead on and am yet to find a reason to get rid of it. It has been used and abused and still killed lots of critters.

Fire Hawk

Dec 22, 2011
Utah
I run two Burris scopes now. A 3-10x40 Signature Select with BP reticle. Very clear glass and has been on many a trip in the hills with nary a problem. Even rides in the scabbard with no issues. Very pleased and it works great with the Ballistic Plex reticle.

The other is a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40. Haven't shot this one much, but seems to work well. Clear glass and again, I love the reticle.

I had an older model Fullfield that was really good too. It now resides on top of my brother's .30-06 and has continued to serve well.

For the money, they are a very good, tough and reliable scope. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase another.

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
Burris makes nice products for the money. They use a brass erector system that makes them a little bit heavier than similar configured scopes from other manufacturers. Some models also have limited mounting flexibility due to the tube design.

I like them overall and think they offer a lot of value.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
For college graduation many years ago my father bought me a smith and wesson stainles 629 .44 magnum. He put a burris handgun scope on it. Excellent eye relief and has withstood hundreds of shots. I've always bought Leupold but the burris is a fine scope.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I'm a Leupold guy for all of my rifles. But scopes, rifles and calibers are like cars and trucks. Everyone has their favorites. If it works for you, stay with it. Success is hard to beat.

Jerry

Feb 21, 2011
Joseph Or
For college graduation many years ago my father bought me a smith and wesson stainles 629 .44 magnum. He put a burris handgun scope on it. Excellent eye relief and has withstood hundreds of shots. I've always bought Leupold but the burris is a fine scope.
I had the same scope on a Ruger 44 mag! Loved it!