Browning A5

cacklercrazy

Feb 24, 2011
Does anyone shoother the new Browning A5 shotgun. Been looking at them and love the look and fit of them. Was wondering how other hunters like or dislike their A5.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sweet shooting gun!

If you plan to use it to shoot 3.5" shells I would 100% recommend selecting a different gun.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
The new A5 will be my next shotgun purchase. Currently shooting a Benelli M2, and am just really not all that impressed. It's a hassle to load and unload, I had to Cerakote the gun because it was going to rust away if not, and it seems to be a little more picky with shotshells than any Browning I've ever owned. I've found myself shooting my old A5 or my Citori quite a bit more, since I bought that M2.
It's just my opinion, but nothing consistently performs, in any conditions, like Browning shotguns. Buy that gun, and be happy. Also, who needs a 3.5 gun anyways..

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Agree on the Rusting issue on the Benelli shotguns...wow that transpires quickly...lol

My SBEII I owned kicked like mule and it rusted as fast as anything I have ever seen...

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
There is a product called BoeShield which was originally developed by Boeing for aerospace use. It dries to a waxy finish and is one of the best rust preventatives I have used. I tested it by treating dive knives and using them in the Pacific and the Caribbean. On 10-12 day dive trips I never have to retreat a knife during the trip, and no rust. Used my SAKO in Alaska on a bear hunting trip, and despite the ever present salt spray no rust. A couple of other hunters on the trip that were using other rust preventatives were rewarded with rusting guns. Carried by Brownells, and so I am told, by some bicycle shops. Good stuff. Been using it for 20+years. Keeps my Brownings from rusting too.

DH56

Jan 17, 2014
Northern, Ohio
I've owned A5's since the the late 70's. Absolutely love them. They have been one of my top 3 shooting guns, and I own several makes.

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
If you're looking fora new shotgun and haven't looked, held a Beretta A 400 you are definitely missing out. By far the sweetest shooting shotgun I've ever shot and owned. I held one when looking at them and after the gun shop made a stock adjustment I bought it! It's hunts ducks, geese and turkeys!

wideflange

Jun 24, 2019
I have a few A5's from the 60's, 70's. I bought the new A5 in Mossy Oak Duck Blind. 30" and 3" chamber, as I don't shoot 3 1/2" shells. I love it. The adjustable comb and cant helps my heads up style of cheek weld. That being said, there are a couple of brands of ammo it doesn't like. Fasteel being the worst. I'm not Fasteel is bad, it's just that my A5 doesn't like it all. Fiocchi also doesn't cycle too well in it either.