big NR changes in the mix

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
attended a couple of season proposal meetings and there are going to be some pretty big NR changes being brought up in the big committee meeting this month. just a heads up to you all.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Let me guess.. They're removing caps on NR tag allocations and going to a single tag price for Rs and NRs? LOL

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
attended a couple of season proposal meetings and there are going to be some pretty big NR changes being brought up in the big committee meeting this month. just a heads up to you all.
Have any links on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
DFG website has a link to the proposals. Only thing I could see is some reduction in the caps on the Diamond Creek and Salmon zones for NR. Also a few other season and area changes elsewhere.
https://idfg.idaho.gov/

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The 2019-2020 Idaho moose, bighorn sheep, and mountain goat seasons and rules booklets are available ONLINE.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
These were proposals at the meeting they did across the state. Some of the things they talked about aren't listed online. Diamond creek archery tag was talked about being reduced for NR. The diamond creek late CH bull tag was proposed to be changed to an either sex tag and be upped to 500 and would include rex creek zone as part of that hunt. Unit 73 is an unlimited ch that has been hammered by NR and there is talk of capping that unit for NR deer. There were alot of areas in the conversation but those particulars stood out to me. I think its a good change P ersonaly. No offense to NR hunters but particular units like Tex creek, 73, salmon.... Get bmbarded at the last minute by NR hunters due to being OTC tags available for when tags arent drawn elsewhere. Will be interesting.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
These were proposals at the meeting they did across the state. Some of the things they talked about aren't listed online. Diamond creek archery tag was talked about being reduced for NR. The diamond creek late CH bull tag was proposed to be changed to an either sex tag and be upped to 500 and would include rex creek zone as part of that hunt. Unit 73 is an unlimited ch that has been hammered by NR and there is talk of capping that unit for NR deer. There were alot of areas in the conversation but those particulars stood out to me. I think its a good change P ersonaly. No offense to NR hunters but particular units like Tex creek, 73, salmon.... Get bmbarded at the last minute by NR hunters due to being OTC tags available for when tags arent drawn elsewhere. Will be interesting.
I'm kinda surprised that Diamond Creek tag isn't a totally limited entry draw now.. They sold out lightning fast this year. The year you came out and hunted with me a few days, I picked up the last tag in Mid April. Two years before that, I bought the tag in June.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Yeah I hear you Fink. Didnt it sell out in a couple of hours for this year? I was shocked it wasn't even proposed. Even the resident tags are gone within the days end.