Anyone looking for a Utah any bull, any weapon Oct 6-18 Hunt or maybe the spike hunt?

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
Hi,

This is an edit. Wish I could delete this but the title should say I'm looking for a Elk hunting partner for the above hunt.

I'm a retired non-resident (NC) hunter planning to hunt Elk in Utah in Oct per the post title. I live in NC and feel it would be advantagous to have a hunting partner. So far I'm not having any luck yet locally finding one thus my post.
I have tents, camping gear, hunting gear, rifle, spotting scopes, rangefiners etc and a reliable 4WD Toyota truck. I'm an ex Marine, fairly fit, a lifemember of the RMEF and a member of the American Legion. Being retired, I have the time to pre scout and can hunt the whole 12 days if necessary. I could even possibly arrange to pick up your gear in route and pick you up at a local airport if you prefer to fly in if it saves you time or I can meet you along the way and we can drive your vehicle or mine. I haven't purchased a tag yet and not yet decided on a unit/units and have no Expeirence hunting Utah but have hunted Elk in Colorado and Idaho so I do have some experience. Oh, and this would be a DIY hunt.

Last edited:

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Roughwater from a current Army Soldier to a prior service Marine I hope your are able to find somebody to go hunting with you. I had ankle surgery in June and will be not be cleared to go out doing any hunting until November or December. Otherwise I would be willing to go hunting Elk with you. If you heading into the Uinta's for Elk hunt, there will be lots of other hunters and people up there, so getting of the roads will to your advantage. Weather in the Uinta's in the fall is unpredictable as it can be hot or dry, or you can have snowstorms and cold. If the weather is still hot the Bull's will be at higher elevations, if there is enough cold and snow they could start to move down some by October. I tried both the North Slope and South Slope general any Bull rifle areas of the Uinta's before switching over to archery. There are plenty of Elk in the Uinta's if that's were you end up going. Good luck on your hunt.

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
KHS Ranger,

Appreciate the thought. Seems everyone is suggesting I hit the Unitas south slope and I can't say I won't. I don't mind hunting in a less Elky unit especially if it don't have a lot of other hunters but I imagine the Elk could be hard to find too. On the plus side I got 12 days or more to find them so I hope to at least see some Elk. I'm not afraid of walking and a little snow could be a good thing but a lot of snow maybe not so much. Either way I look forward to it.

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
I now have a Utah "Any Bull" any weapon permit for Oct6-Oct 18. Bad thing is the tags have just sold out so unless you already have that tag you won't be able to hunt with me.