Any FOB users out there

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I shot them when i first started bow hunting and was using one of the first muzzy drop away rests. IMO they are louder in flight than the new short stiffer vanes most are all using now.

In hindsight I think I was just a bad/inconsistent archery shot and it helped tighten up my groups initially. That didn't help improve my shooting though, which is what i needed to do.

RobinHood

Feb 27, 2011
Henderson, NV
I wanted to bump this to the top since there are a number of new forum members.

Just curious if anyone who hunts backcountry uses them.

There is a link in the first post.

Drhorsepower

Veteran member
May 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Advantages. Easier to quiver. No fletching your shafts. Easily replaceable. Comes off as a marker on a through and through shot. Accurate. Easy arrow storage. Makes a good kisser button.

Disadvantages. Can't shoot groups, You will blow them up. Noisier in flight. Have to build a lumenok if you use them.

Some haters say noisy in flight will make the deer jump, my thoughts on that is that they are going to jump on your string and anything after that shouldn't be an issue because they will hopefully bleeding profusely.
I like them, I shoot em, not for everybody I guess.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Tried them for about three weeks. Very noisy, could not get my 2 blade Magnus broadheads to group at all. Got rid of them and went back to helical blazers, and have not had a problem with broadhead flight. If you are going to try them, just make up a few arrows and see if they are for you.