Antelope

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Going to apply in what I believe is an area that isn't going to be hit AS hard as where I usually apply.

I'll see what the populations look like come hunting season then decide whether or not to just pitch my tags in the trash.

Reactions: disabled combat vet

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
Has anyone heard anything about area 73 west of Casper??
I live a couple hours North of there, but reports are that the area you inquire about was one of the worst hit, if not THE WORST hit areas this side of the Bighorns.

Casper got another three feet of snow yesterday through today... and West of there is worse.

You could try calling a Casper biologist. That would be my approach if I was from out of state and did not have a local contact.

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
I live a couple hours North of there, but reports are that the area you inquire about was one of the worst hit, if not THE WORST hit areas this side of the Bighorns.

Casper got another three feet of snow yesterday through today... and West of there is worse.

You could try calling a Casper biologist. That would be my approach if I was from out of state and did not have a local contact.
My friend lives in Bar Nunn and sent me pictures he got his truck stuck in his drive way twice. I called a biologist today at fish and game but nobody answered I'm guessing because of the weather they were closed. Normally I get a tag donated for area 73 from Hunting With Heroes Wyoming but I have my own preference points I was going to use but I might just buy points for another couple of years until the herd starts rebounding hopefully. Thank You for the information!!!!!!

Reactions: manitou1

Rob Sev

Dec 12, 2020
Has anyone heard anything about area 73 west of Casper??
73 has been hit with a severe drought for the last several years. I have hunted 73 for the last 13 years and last year was the worst I’ve seen. On a normal year we usually see 200-400 antelope in a day. Last year we saw less than 30. I’m afraid with this bad winter there won’t be many left.