6.68 Inches of rain today!!!

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Wow..no joke. Hourly breakdown of our precip today on weather underground. I added it all up and we hit 6.68 inches of precipitation today!!

We had lightning, hail, rain falling in drops bigger than buckets...wow!!. Living at the top of the water shed means we let it go fast and have minimal flooding where I live, but man o man I feel for those in the valley below.

6.68 inches!!!! And most of it hit after 3:30 today.... Glad I own a rubber boat!!

Graylight

Apr 27, 2011
Southern California
That's a lot of water! Should be a good start for your animals to finnish off some great growth this year... I suppose you'll still need more in the coming few weeks though... Thats is a promising sign...

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
Last year we had a great water year too. Lots of growing plants..will definately make for some good animals this year. The winter was a hard one, and not seeing too many young ones...but Im sure they will be ok.

Graylight

Apr 27, 2011
Southern California
IMO hard winters always take a toll on fawn recruitment... Hopefully you didn't loose any more than 20% of them... I am not schooled in terrestrial biology by any means but from what I have seen, you need at least that many fawns out of their first hard winter to see a final 10 to 15% into that 4 to 5 year age class... The winter of 08' showed significantly lower numbers in the Co high country and last year seemed to correlate that based on the age class from that time period for that gene pool... We saw lot's of 2 year old bucks and a few 3 year olds but the old mature ones were almost non existent... This season, I hope will be the start of a few good seasons in the high basins... Fingers are crossed... I hope your country fairs well this season...

The younger bucks finally seemed like they were returning back to thier regular patterns last year... The year before that, they were a little random on how they used the terrain... Can't wait to see what 2011 brings!