6.5 PRC ammo help

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
New gun on the way

What is the best store bought ammo for this caliber
If your where going to hand load what bullet and grains , powder and weight and primer

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Depends on the game in my opinion. That then will drive towards a controlled expansion bullet or towards the other end of the spectrum or if target shooting then other options.

Head over to Snipers Hide....Google it. Lots of info there on that cartridge as they hand load everything. Seems to be two consistent recipes with RE26 and 4831SC that is most used.

troybackman

Apr 17, 2015
Mn
Used to strictly reload only for mine but was having some ejection problems so i thought i would just try some factory hornady precision hunter ammo. WOW tiny little groups with low SD and verified everything out to 1250 yds. I bought 3 cases and ready to hunt. Cant beat that. Always wanted a rifle that would shoot like this with factory ammo. Good job Hornady. But i have yet to see on game performance but im confident it will work just fine for goats n deer.

Reactions: dustin ray

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Depends on the game in my opinion. That then will drive towards a controlled expansion bullet or towards the other end of the spectrum or if target shooting then other options.

Head over to Snipers Hide....Google it. Lots of info there on that cartridge as they hand load everything. Seems to be two consistent recipes with RE26 and 4831SC that is most used.
Thanks

dustin ray

Veteran member
Oct 23, 2011
Alta Loma CA
Used to strictly reload only for mine but was having some ejection problems so i thought i would just try some factory hornady precision hunter ammo. WOW tiny little groups with low SD and verified everything out to 1250 yds. I bought 3 cases and ready to hunt. Cant beat that. Always wanted a rifle that would shoot like this with factory ammo. Good job Hornady. But i have yet to see on game performance but im confident it will work just fine for goats n deer.
Thanks
what grain bullet