4 wheel drive projects

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I fixed the blown up 383, swapped out the 427 this week. It’s been a long winter, looking forward to getting the Ol Jeep outside 4355943560again

Reactions: dan maule

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
Just recently I tore down the 350 to check it all out. The block is a1969 vintage two bolt and the heads are the same era. I was expecting the machinist to tell me I had a crack in either the block or heads. To my surprise it all checked out good. (It’s seen 260* more than once)

The engineer's in the late 60’s really got it right when they designed the Chevy 350 small block.

By the way this engine has not been babied, I run it upwards of 7000 rpm every time and shoot it with 150 shot of NOS. The only thing that is not genuine GM is the pistons and camshaft.

Reactions: gonhunting247

BrandonM

Nov 9, 2011
Sorry for my radio silence the last few months.... haven't had a ton of time to work on the old 68 burb until recently. Last week I finally got some painting done on the undercarriage after all the body work we did in Feb. The 68 is officially 100% rust free! What a victory!!! Now on to the fun stuff that will turn people's heads when they see it, i.e. New rims, tinted windows, removing oxidation and adding a clear coat to give it that patina look, etc., are all on the horizon this year.

Attachments