2019 Mystery Ranch Pack Review

jerm8352

Jul 24, 2013
Did you get the sawtooth 45? If so, what do you think of it?
I like it so far. More than enough space for what I haul for day hunts. Kinda tricky to load up an animal the first couple of times just getting used to the load shelf. But I got my deer out in one trip and half a cow elk in a different trip and my shoulders and back felt way better the next day than they ever did with my horn hunter.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I like it so far. More than enough space for what I haul for day hunts. Kinda tricky to load up an animal the first couple of times just getting used to the load shelf. But I got my deer out in one trip and half a cow elk in a different trip and my shoulders and back felt way better the next day than they ever did with my horn hunter.
Glad that it carried way more comfortably! Load shelf technology is tricky the first couple of times but with practice can turn out well.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Awesome! I cant wait to try mine. It should be in the mail in a few weeks. It seems to be a good system

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Looks like mine will be here in a few weeks, but I wont really be able to test it out until next fall. I think it will be a huge improvement over my current setup.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I just used my MR sawtooth for an overnight trip last weekend in the Smoky Mountains. I went with my wife and two of my sisters, so i tried carrying as much of the weight as I could. Carried two tents, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, some food, jetboil, and a few random things. The pack performed very good. I think I could take this on a 2 or 3 night light trip and be fairly comfortable.

Reactions: ScottR