12 GA trap ammo

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
As a high school trap team coach, we are able to lock in on trap loads for the team, but still have to shop around for ourselves. I'm not a high volume shooter, but still go thru 3+ cases a year. I used to get Federal Top Gun trap at Walmart for $5.59 a box, but those days will likely never return. The Federal direct site has them for $10.99,but was able to order 3 cases ($9.90 per, 25 rds) with free shipping, Reeds ammo, Walker Minnesota. I was delivered FedEx 3 days later.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
It’s good that stuff is becoming available, but prices sure are high. I was able to get in on a bulk order for our local high school team to fill a pallet, managed to get several cases of Fiochi for $70/case. I’m definitely practicing a whole lot less, I don’t want to shoot up all my “cheap ammo”!

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I was real surprised to see a 25 count box of generic #7.5s for $9. That's nuts.

I remember getting my dad cases for $36/case - he'd send me on purchasing missions, they'd limit ya to 4-10 cases and i'd go thru twice.

We'll do some shooting once duck season is over.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Glad I’m still fully stocked from pre-craziness. Now I’m afraid to shoot anything because I’m going to have to find 209 primers.

This is about half of my loaded shotgun shells.

Last edited:
Reactions: RICMIC

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Glad I’m still fully stocked from pre-craziness. Now I’m afraid to shoot anything because I’m going to have to find 209 primers.

View attachment 42223

View attachment 42223
I'm in the same boat with brass ammo. I had stockpiled 556 and 7.62 ammo in anticipation on an ammo ban for "black rifles", I have plenty but don't want to shoot up what I have.. replacements are available again, but at a much higher cost. 30-06 Rem. Core-Lokt was cheap and I stocked up when they were on sale at $13 a box, and quit buying when I found that I had over 500 rounds taking up space in the locker. Now I wish that I had put all of my retirement funds into that investment.