Miracle Mile

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Been there one time and my kids were pretty little, spent more time not fishing than fishing, they just weren't at a good age. Fast forward a handful of years and they've have gotten pretty good at throwing spinners, spoons, Rapala.
For anyone who's fished it in the last few years, is it worth while spending the day there without waders? Any access points not worth my time?

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
My first thought was WY's miracle mile. Haven't been there but do plan to visit when I draw an antelope tag again.

Best I can say is to cover some water, hit the most likely looking spots and continue until you find some hungry fish. My mom fished there when she and dad were doing their retirement travels. She had fly fishermen following her around - her fav is a Little Cleo. This is going back about 20 years, so not much help to you.

It's really hard to beat a Little Cleo or a CD-03 or CD-05 for trout. Need to put bigger hooks on the 03 size. Hard to stay connected to a large trout in heavy water w small hooks when it is just doing the shake thing when it first gets hooked.

Spinners weren't as good as these, but they work well. I like the Mepps 0 and 00 size and work em with the current so they clatter against the rocks. They are also my beaver pond choices cause the blades help keep em from snagging sticks as much as the spoons and Rapalas.