Remington 770 beater rifles

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I noticed that the local Walmart has removed the firearms section from their store. There is still some ammo, but that was discounted so perhaps there is a plan to eliminate that too. Was there a corp. decision about this? If so, then I will do the same as when Dick's quit selling ammo and firearms, and chose to shop elsewhere.

Reactions: archeranthony

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I had to grab a few things today and checked the gun counter while there and nothing was on clearance however the only brand rifles they had in the case were savage and henry's.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I've seen Walmart do this quite often on items that they just want to get rid of. I know that our local one where I used to work had some fantastic buys on their pistols when they decided not to sell handguns anymore. I'm not sure if they still have it but they used to have a bargain aisle where a lot of their returns and odd ball stuff went with a huge markdown. I have no idea if they still do this or not. I can honestly say that I haven't walked into a Walmart in over 4 years now. I got tired of going into them and not finding what I needed and when you asked for some help they had no idea of what you were talking about.

I did do a search on them getting out of the firearm business and didn't find anything except for a few that are in the area where the riots are taking place and they said that the firearms were just stored in a secure location.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I plan to check it out when I'm in town on Tuesday. Last week they had 12 Ga.A. trap loads (Federal Top Gun) for $5 a box. Those who reload at the gun club told me their cost to reload is about $5.59 per box, so if they're still available will just have to carry out what I can. I sure don't need any more rifles, but for $59 I would.

Reactions: hunter25

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Well I did make it to Wally World yesterday. The firearms section was up and running, apparently they had just been remodeling. The 4 packs of Federal trap loads were $19.54, so I bought four of them. I quickly perused the rifles, but didn't see any spectacular deals.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
I scored a Remington 700 ADL with a scope in .223 Remington for $149.00 . I'm still waiting on my BG check to be cleared (been 3 weeks now) meanwhile Walmart lowered the price to $79.00. I guess I'm glad the FBI is slower than molasses in the Winter.
Strange it's taking so long on the background check. My kids bought last wednesday and picked up on saturday after the background cleared.

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
Didn't think you guys had these background checks for long guns. Thought it was only in Commiefornia. But if you do I know where they originated from:(

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
The background checks here in Colorado came about in 2013 when the liberals ran amok in the legislature and passe all kinds gun restrictions along with the background checks. Then the Democrat Governor signed it, then afterwards said that he really shouldn't of signed it.

We just call Colorado California East now.

Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I am actually surprised they’re asking for help. You would think they would love the fact that folks can’t get the firearm that they purchased

Reactions: Winchester

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I have a 770 in 243. It shoots an inch with bluebox ammo. A little less with some hand loads. Very consistent gun.

I did notice that I was hitting my safety glasses with scope and put a Leica on it. My primary rifle these days.

ASTER01

Oct 7, 2020
Howdy! It is really is hard to make a choice nowadays because of one over-marketing of products. But still, I think you should try an ATN X-SIGHT 4K PRO 3-14X. It's incredibly good, an evolution in technology! I bought it from this web page https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight if you are interested. There you will find several scopes starting with those with night vision, ultra-modern sensors, ultra-modern optics, and so on. But the most amazing attribute is the fact that you can connect via Bluetooth and adjust the latitude and degrees from the optics. In short, it`s incredible.

Last edited: