wyoming guide for elk and deer

Roger L

Aug 17, 2011
Hello,
I will have 11 points for elk and deer as well as 12 points for antelope in 2020. I would like to set up an elk hunt during the rut with a good outfitter and then possibly a deer hunt later . Horseback wall tent would be my first choice. I have hunted with one other outfitter a number of years ago. It was a great hunt but he sold out and I'd like to try someone new.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am going to save my antelope points until 2017.
THANKS,
Roger

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have used a great outfitter a number of times in WY, but his camps are all in GEN areas. I suggest that you start your search by looking in the WY F&G statistics page for the last couple years and find a limited area that you can draw with 9 or 10 pts. Then research that area to see if it has the type of hunt you are looking for. Wyoming Outdoor Guides Assoc, (WOGA) puts out a good magazine with a lot of info and ads for their members. Many of the "good" outfits book two years in advance. Always ask for and follow up on references.
This is what I did for my (just returned from) Colorado elk hunt, and it worked out well for me. Any issues were beyond the outfitters control, such as the moon phase and the weather. Good luck.

Triple BB

Jun 22, 2013
Wyoming
61 is where I’d look for elk. An outfitter might have access to something in 119 for deer. Trails West is who I’d talk to first. 62 & 63 are other excellent choices for elk...

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Josh owns Trails west outfitters along with Shoshone lodge outfitters now adays. And you cant go wrong with him if you can draw a tag in 61/62. He is top notch and thats some incredible country. Friend of mine had an incredible DIY archery hunt up there this year ending with a giant bull. Lots of grizzlies, but outfitters know what they are doing.