Broken Stuff

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I can hardly own anything without it breaking.....Its time to start a photo thread. Feel free to contribute to make me feel better....

PUMP WENT OUT

MMMM....HMMMMM

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Wish I had a photo of the 3/4" SharkBite that failed and spewed 9,000 gallons of water into the ditch out front costing me $90....
I was outside lying in the mud on my belly fixing that until midnight last Wednesday.

Its always something.

Reactions: HuskyMusky

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have learned that it is a experience the every home owner has, if it isn't broken now just wait a while.

This past June when I got home from Africa at 1am I wanted a nice hot shower. Come to find out my water heater had gone out after only a year. The next morning I tried to relight the pilot but it was a no go. I called the manufacture and they told me that they would send out a new gas control valve but that there were no plumbers in my area to replace it, I told them that I could take care of it so they sent it out. This was on a Tuesday morning.

I tracked the package that was shipped FedEx next day to see it hit my local FedEx warehouse on Thursday. Friday it was out for delivery, I waited all day Friday and it never showed, that evening I checked and it was back at the warehouse for delivery the next day. Well, the next day was Monday. Monday I waited all day and at 8pm it was finally delivered. I opened the box only to find that the igniter was broken off of the control valve. The next morning Tuesday I called the company back and the tech said that I could swap the igniter from my old valve to the new one, I told them that I wanted a new one after waiting a week.

They shipped out a new one that afternoon with next day delivery. I finally received it that Thursday night at 8 pm. It was installed by 8:30 and I had hot water at 10 pm for a nice hot shower after a week and a half.

Did I say that home ownership is fun at times?

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
The floor in my $14,000 jacuzzi hot tub rotted out. I ended up replacing with pvc pipe and pvc sheeting. Replaced both jet pumps and 1 circulation pump. Spent $1700 replacing all that junk. Hot tub worked for 2 months now needs a $1500 mother board.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Knuckleheads welded that bolt to that piece of angle iron and then welded that to the mainframe forming that box…. I had to cut the thing apart with the torches and then burn a hole through the old bolt and then put a new bolt in it. I was at least smart enough to put the nut on the inside…

lord what a stupid design.

3 hours later it’s fixed.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I was having a conversation with some of my employees today that makes me think that a lot of the failed parts we have been replacing a ton of that last year or so were mfg around 2021. We think it has something to do with the lack of skilled labor in manufacturing and employees doing the manufacturing and the manufacture giving a shit about quality!
kinda on the same subject but I have a feeling this thread is going to last along time! Lol