Wyoming Antelope

disabled combat vet

Jul 13, 2019
Pueblo, Colorado
So a friend of mine who I served with in Iraq as a Infantryman became friends on facebook, well I told him about Hunting With Heroes Wyoming , how I'm involved with them and hunted with them and he has never hunted, so he is interested in hunting Antelope with them for the Veteran's Hunt. So I am thinking of donating my tag to him if I draw which I should be able to, which means it will have taken me 8 years to draw the tag plus the cost because I'm a non resident. My question is to you guys, Is what do you think about me donating my tag to him???? Thank You,Scott

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
So a friend of mine who I served with in Iraq as a Infantryman became friends on facebook, well I told him about Hunting With Heroes Wyoming , how I'm involved with them and hunted with them and he has never hunted, so he is interested in hunting Antelope with them for the Veteran's Hunt. So I am thinking of donating my tag to him if I draw which I should be able to, which means it will have taken me 8 years to draw the tag plus the cost because I'm a non resident. My question is to you guys, Is what do you think about me donating my tag to him???? Thank You,Scott
I think it's great, but does Wyoming allow you to do that?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
That would be your decision, but with you being dedicated to the cause I think that it would be fairly easy to make.

Some of my best hunts have been ones that I was just a helper/spotter for the one that had the tag or that I was helping on their first hunt.

Reactions: disabled combat vet

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Completely up to you but, in my opinion, there are others ways to get him out hunting without sacrificing almost a decade of preference points. If he has never hunted, I don't believe he would appreciate that kind of hunt like he would after being on a few other hunts. That said, it's a very generous thought and I'm sure you would both have fun.

Reactions: bdan68