Hunting Groups Quit Partners

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
This article is very sad to read. It kind of sounded like the CPW was happy to see these three groups leave. There is no room for common sense in today's woke world.

Reactions: Maxhunter

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Somehow we need to band together and either form or join and organization the represents hunters and fisherman and let CPW know without us, the department dies! We are the source of the majority of the funds they receive.

We also need to get rid of our Governor (I know he just got reelected) as he appoints the CPW Director.
It is too bad that there isn't a law where Governor's need to appoint someone who has a background in what they are being appointed for.

While I haven't followed just who is on Colorado's board I have on Utah's Wildlife Board and most of them have zero idea about what they are talking about.

Right now my biggest scare is what this Democrat controlled legislature is looking at as far as new gun regulations are concerned. Colorado is definitely becoming California east or New York west.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Colorado's Wildlife Commission for the most part don't have a clue about hunters and managing our wildlife. I have listened to several Commission meetings and it just makes me ill to hear what a lot of them are saying.

There is a bill before the legislature that will give County Commissioners the power to ban the firing of a gun in their county. It could put some shooting ranges out of business. Rural counties (like the one I live in) don't have a problem, but the counties in the front range better buckle up!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
They had a news report on the banning of firing a gun at certain firing ranges within close proximity of other dwellings. It sounded more like a safety concern, but I haven't gone searching for the bill itself. My makeshift range is out on BLM land so I'm pretty safe. The nearest dwelling is a mile away.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Doesn’t help that the Governor’s significant other is an animals right knucklehead and vegan. I hope this stuff doesn’t migrate north of the border. Jackson is our problem area.

Reactions: Slugz

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There is a bill before the legislature that will give County Commissioners the power to ban the firing of a gun in their county. It could put some shooting ranges out of business. Rural counties (like the one I live in) don't have a problem, but the counties in the front range better buckle up!
I just looked and unless I am reading it wrong it failed on a vote of 20 to 43 and was laid over, whatever that means.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
So what organizations make up the 32 member, now 29 membership of the Colorado Outdoor Partnership? I left in the three that just dropped out.
Colorado Outdoor Rec Industry Office, The Trust for Public Land, The Nature Conservancy, HECHO Hispanic in the outdoors, Colorado Cattlemen's Ag Land Trust, CAEE (Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education), Big Agnes, Keep it Colorado, IMBA- international mt bike assoc, Colorado Trappers and hunters assoc., COHVCO- protecting your access to public lands, Colorado 14ers Initiative, BERBUR,(Denver based Environmental Company), Colorado Mt. Club, Colorado Youth Club, Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado, Colorado Wildlife Federation, CO Cattlemen's Assoc., Bird Conservancy of the Rockies, Latino Outdoors, RMEF, Trails preservation Alliance, Conservation Colorado, CPRA-CO Parks and Rec Assoc.,GOCO, Rocky Mt Innovation Lab, American Whitewater, Nat Wildlife Federation, 5 diamond Van Winkle Ranch, SCI, Co Outfitter Assoc., CCI-CO Counties INc. Outdoor Afro.

Advisor agencies, USDA, Ute Mt Tribe, BLM, CO DNR, CPW.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Colorado Parks and Wildlife is seeking new members to serve on the Colorado Outdoor Partnership