Wyoming

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
My hunting partner has enough points for a NR GEN elk tag, but it is likely that we will only be applying for a couple limited (cow/calf) tags. I was fortunate to fill two tags in WY in 2023, and don't know if I will ever have enough points to draw a GEN again. I sure liked it better when we got the draw results in Feb.; that gave me a chance to apply for something else if I didn't draw.
I don't think that the new regional elk zones will have much effect on the draw applications, just be sure of the area that you intend to hunt.
Expect a whole lot of changes and point creep for deer and antelope in WY this year because of the big winter kill. We have the points to draw in our target zone that was not affected, but I expect that lots of folks will shift there sight out of areas that had tags greatly reduced or even eliminated. Good luck.

fullcurl0

Mar 12, 2011
Out West
Sitting on about 15 points for Antelope and Deer, but not sure its worth it after last winters icy hands. Animals might need many years to come back, and not sure I will be able to afford by then, might be $3000 for an Antelope tag!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Sitting on about 15 points for Antelope and Deer, but not sure its worth it after last winters icy hands. Animals might need many years to come back, and not sure I will be able to afford by then, might be $3000 for an Antelope tag!
1 or 2 years I would pull the plug. Winter so far aint been bad . hope same for next year unless your young , then I would wait and watch winters. GOOD LUCK..........................BOB!.... PS i will be 68 this year so I am Burning 14 Elk points well I can still Boogie.

Reactions: RICMIC