Who else is...

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Today will be a brutal workout. Our High School Trap team is gathering at the gun range and will be digging out from over 120" of snow. The big equipment has done what they can, but now is time for the shovel brigade. Last year the skidster mounted snowblower ate a picnic table and one of our gun racks, both of which we repaired or replaced. WE are scheduled for a couple practice weeks, starting today, before having to submit scores to the league. Having a bunch of teenagers will help, but keeping most of them keeping at it all day will be the challenge.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Wednesday
Elliptical run 30 mins
Thursday
Stationary bike 27 mins
Friday
Stationary bike 28 mins

Both equipments have IFIT trainers attached so I follow along to different rides and runs

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Today will be a brutal workout. Our High School Trap team is gathering at the gun range and will be digging out from over 120" of snow. The big equipment has done what they can, but now is time for the shovel brigade. Last year the skidster mounted snowblower ate a picnic table and one of our gun racks, both of which we repaired or replaced. WE are scheduled for a couple practice weeks, starting today, before having to submit scores to the league. Having a bunch of teenagers will help, but keeping most of them keeping at it all day will be the challenge.
Good luck with that, it sounds brutal...

Yesterday was a full body Kettlebell and bar movement, high rep focus. Today was a targeted back and bicep workout, tomorrow will be about 8K meters on the row machine.

Reactions: marcusvdk

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
We had a great turnout of league teens, so that I ended up having to do very little shoveling. The coaches brought a variety of shovels, since most of the kid's shovels were plastic and wouldn't cut the hard snow banks. It's hard to find a good steel snow shovel these days, but we had some that were likely liberated from the railroad that was the primary local industry for several generations. 6 broken shovels, and one missing (I had carved my initials in it 44 years ago after finding it in the woods). It wasn't stolen, just exchanged. The league shooting starts on Friday. There's still a 3 foot snow base, but we can at least access everything now.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
All rowing machine today, got the heart rate up to a solid pace which was good. Now to keep pushing it to keep the time the same but increase the meters rowed.

Not sure I mentioned this, but I'm rowing rather than jogging because I'm working on keeping my ankle in good shape. The treadmill is just too rough on it. So switch it up to get it healed up how it should be.

ScottR

Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Started off with squats, then closed with Kettlebell lunges, jerk/squats(very light), then extensions.

My ankle finally feeling healed up well has allowed me to start incorporating the cleans and side to side motions again.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Thursday
Bike ride and short run right after to get my legs used to the transition for the duatholon.

Friday cut trees at the property for about 2 hours after work

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have slowly been able to work my way back to my spring goal of 20 pullups and 40 pushups to start my day. Each year it takes me longer to get there, but at least I still can. The pullups was the # needed for a max score as part of the Marine Corps PFT. The other part were 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes, and a 3 mile run in 18 minutes. I could still max the whole thing until around age 50, but had to stop doing sit-ups due to a back injury, and to stop running because of arthritis. Still not too bad for 47 years after my discharge.
Back at the gun range; A week of very warm weather has melted most of the snow, and the high school trap team is on their 3rd week of practice, and league scores start next week. Most of the coaches shot their first round of the season (with many of the HS kids watching), and my hope was to not embarass myself like I did last year. Behold, I pulled off a 24, and knew that I missed a perfect score as soon as I pulled the trigger.