** What are you concentrating on for the next hunt?**

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
I would be in better shape if I didn't sit on my ass every Sunday morning surfing Eastman's Forum................Just Say'n.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
"Getting in the best shape of my life" try not to laugh too hard guys ;)

maybe not the best shape of my life, but at least the best endurance shape of my life.

Trying to get more mentally prepared for a long tough hunt as well. I have a new outlook on these hunts, and that's to kind of accept that no hunt goes together as planned usually, and to be prepared to be frustrated after 3-4 days, but to stay positive and focused and just keep grinding it out! If things get unbearable, I'm hoping to take a day off and rest, maybe get a shower and just regroup.

If I get skunked again in the future, I'd like to be able to say at least it wasn't for lack of effort, or I should've been more prepared/better shape.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I would be in better shape if I didn't sit on my ass every Sunday morning surfing Eastman's Forum................Just Say'n.
I just spit water through my nose on my keyboard after reading this!!! :D

"Getting in the best shape of my life" try not to laugh too hard guys ;)

maybe not the best shape of my life, but at least the best endurance shape of my life.

Trying to get more mentally prepared for a long tough hunt as well. I have a new outlook on these hunts, and that's to kind of accept that no hunt goes together as planned usually, and to be prepared to be frustrated after 3-4 days, but to stay positive and focused and just keep grinding it out! If things get unbearable, I'm hoping to take a day off and rest, maybe get a shower and just regroup.

If I get skunked again in the future, I'd like to be able to say at least it wasn't for lack of effort, or I should've been more prepared/better shape.
When I turned 50 I had a wake up call. Since then I have been working out at least 3 times a week had a surgury this past Jan to correct some issues and I feel the best I have felt in a long time. last year elk hunting I felt better and more confident then when I was in my 40s. I went from 195 lbs to 175 and holding. It feels good to be in shape. I almost feel guilty if I miss a day of my workout schedule.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
I'm in poor shape right now, I have been dealing with a back injury for over a year, I weigh about 10 lbs more than I like right now. I currently am walking and just finished Physical Therapy. My plan is to continue strengthening my core and by the time September rolls around be ready. Legs(lunges) and back (core exercise) are my focus, lungs will follow. I will be ready by September.