The 40 acre deer refuge 2023

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Are you selling that walnut cover scent? looks like it worked.
Well, I'm up in the air but to be honest I think it's a bit of snake oil. I have been spraying it on my boots when I go in but that's about the extent of it. I did have several does that would normally hound dog me to my tree completely bypass where I had walked so, I do think it worked to cover my trail where I walked. I would NEVER spray it on my gear. It ruins whatever it touches, and it fermented in the gallon jug, and smells alcoholic at this point. My buddy said he kept his in his refrigerator to keep it from fermenting.

I have 4 gallons of it, and I plan to just use it to die my traps this winter. It for sure will stain that steel in a bad way. It ruined a few feet of my concrete where I spilled some. lol

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Thats about the same look he had when him and 4 other bucks chased a doe right to me and I opened up on him in the open woods with my gameblaster. I was on my way out to meet my wife at the 4-wheeler late Saturday morning.

There were 4 other bucks with him chasing that doe and those bucks were horning him until he hit the dirt. I stood there in disbelief with a completely empty gun and ringing ears...lol.

It was an unreal 10 seconds in the woods that I will never forget.

Hit him 3 of 5 shots on the run in the timber...splinters were flying.

He was 1000 yards away an hour before his demise. The deer are for sure on the move right now.

He's a 5.5-year-old deer maybe 6.5.

Reactions: buckbull