Security Verification

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Is anyone else getting a Security Verification page when they try to access the main pages? I have gotten it a number of times after I close out my browser and then come back on. Once I had to verify that I wasn't a robot but all the other times it goes through.

Reactions: Lou (Louis)

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It could be as you said, something that Scott put in place to kill the spammers.

My unofficial count is that we are getting hit between 20-40 times a day by them. The last one today was around 7:30 Mountain time. But there are usually only a few that hit during the daytime hours. Tonight between 10 pm and 7am will tell if it is working.

Lou (Louis)

Aug 10, 2023
NorCal
It could be as you said, something that Scott put in place to kill the spammers.

My unofficial count is that we are getting hit between 20-40 times a day by them. The last one today was around 7:30 Mountain time. But there are usually only a few that hit during the daytime hours. Tonight between 10 pm and 7am will tell if it is working.
Thanks for being so transparent with us!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Here's a screen shot of just a single forum, the Announcements one of the number of spam post that we received between 6 and 7:30 am Mountain time today. There are 4 other forums that have about the same amount.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Removing spam has become a morning ritual for me and for the other mods. It’s a pain but has to be done or there would be nothing but CBD gummies for sale here. Lol

like Jim said up to but not limited to 40 a day and most are done throughout the night.

Reactions: Lou (Louis)