Other interests

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
Just curious what other interests everyone has other than hunting. Personally I like to fish a little, but my other main interest is skiing. I am also a member of the National Ski Patrol.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
For me it’s anything outdoors. I’m also a retired national champion power lifter and bodybuilder but now taken to running as well.
But nothing beats glassing up a big muley in the mountains.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Anything shooting. I am a former state champion in Cowboy Action Shooting and also shoot indoor Bulls Eye Pistol all winter. My wife and I like to travel also. Been to Mexico, Belize, Alaska, Hawaii and Costa Rica. Next is Australia.

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If it has to do with the outdoors I'm doing it.

I was also into building high performance VW engines in the 1600 class for quite a while. At one time a friend of mine and I were planning on entering the Mint 400 off road race in Nevada along with the Baja 1000. I was planning on building the engines and he was going to do the frames but after doing a lot of research and looking we decided that it just wasn't for us. Not the racing part but the money part and neither one of us were good at begging money to get sponsors.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I enjoy fishing as most here do. It seems I have little time anymore with kids sports being a major time sink. Been extremely busy with the cabin build and doing a lot of house repairs recently. I'd like to get into trapping again, perhaps when the kids go away to college or when I retire.

Buckbob

Jan 22, 2018
Michigan
Anything outdoors is what I like, mainly fishing since I live 15 minutes from lake Erie. The kids are old enough they can reel in fish and make it a couple hours so ive been going more this year. The whole no school thing for them this spring also got us more time on the water than normal. This was just this past Monday.IMG_1491.jpgIMG_20200629_204541_422.jpg

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I fish a little, I really enjoy playing basketball but I don't think I'll be able to keep doing it much longer. I remember when my father would look forward to logging after he retired from the VA, I thought he was crazy, now I really enjoy running a chainsaw or almost any type of outdoor work. The trees don't talk back or complain, he wasn't so crazy after all.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I should also probably mention that I play guitar, have since college which is actually starting to feel like it was quite a while ago. Maybe that is because I was in my first year the fall of 2002...

I played men's league hockey after college as well, and played all through high school before that. Lot's of things to take up my time for sure.

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Ive had lots of hobbies over the years . Football in ohio is huge but when they started kneeling a few years ago i started paying attention less. This recent wave of athletes saying they are all going to kneel for are national anthem..... I put all my jerseys, hats and clothing in a garage bag. DONE.
Sports are games for entertainment , thats all . Their not entertaining me anymore . DONE.
Sorry i got distracted, made beer for a while, paintball was fun for a while . Hobbies come and go but my true love is hunting and shooting from this point on in my life that is where all my extra fun money goes.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Teaching four grandchildren (14, 12 and 11 year old grandsons and 7 year old granddaughter) to hunt and shoot. Travel baseball and hopefully football this fall. Absolutely love to hook to the bush hog and cut the fields, food plots and trails. Go to the lake a good bit in between. 63 years old and looking forward to retirement in a few years. Still in good shape for the miles!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I have coached baseball for over 20 years on the side. My current team is a competitive 12u travel team. My youngest is our ace. I also umpire various levels when not coaching. We love to fish and hike during the spring and summer. I like to play high level Texas Holdem. I have had a couple deeper runs in the world series main event and was on ESPN a few times for the event. I don't play much anymore but plan to a little more once the youngest is in college.

Garry M. Cansler

Jul 28, 2020
As far as my interests are concerned, I love to travel. I have visited many countries and plan to visit many more. Learning something new is more than a hobby. This is something special. And here cashspotusa.com they always help me with financing my trips.