Night Vision Scope

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Can anyone recommend a low cost night vision scope?

Less than $1,000.

I realize that is not going to get me much but I cant justify spending 4,000$ on a thermal scope.

I have about 30 hogs on my deer lease that are very unruly and are causing a lot of havoc. Its time to act accordingly.

I might try trapping some of them but its hard to catch the whole sounder.

This one from the spring has turned into 9 more...in total I counted over 30 different hogs on camera in the last 2 weeks.

Attachments

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

Thought about trying this one.

My shots will be under 100 yards. Probably more like 50 yards.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I run a older nitesite. Will attach to your current setup and works well. Also can get under that $1000 mark. Its infrared like Jim was talking about.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I see your link. I know a couple guys that tried those and the hogs took off when it came on.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I see your link. I know a couple guys that tried those and the hogs took off when it came on.
That's interesting that the hogs took off when they were turned on. While I haven't used them a friend used infrared lights on a hog hunt last spring and that is all they used at night. Also if you watch any of the TV shows you will see them using them also.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I will look into those more for sure. I though about just using a flood spotlight attached to my shotgun barrel and getting one of those Leupold thermal devices to check the bait pile every couple minutes. Then once they all come in its flick the light on and bang.

Problem if I need the pigs at 25 yards to get off a handful of 3.5" 00 HV buckshots before they are out of range. Pretty confident I could get several with the first blast if they were around the 25-30 yard marker...

They pack in there pretty tight when they come to the feeder.

irontmphrke

Mar 3, 2022
Can anyone recommend a low cost night vision scope?

Less than $1,000.

I realize that is not going to get me much but I cant justify spending 4,000$ on a thermal scope.

I have about 30 hogs on my deer lease that are very unruly and are causing a lot of havoc. Its time to act accordingly.

I might try trapping some of them but its hard to catch the whole sounder.

This one from the spring has turned into 9 more thermal scope under $1001...in total I counted over 30 different hogs on camera in the last 2 weeks.

View attachment 27635
Looking for Ideas on a solid, but budget night vision scope for an AR. Trying to cut the coyote problem down at the house.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015