Montana Moose, Sheep, Goat, and Bison draw results are out!

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Moose - NO
Sheep - NO
Goat - NO
Bison - NO I am on a hunt roster where depending on the migration there could be as many as 54 hunters drawn still for this hunt. I am #1471 on the roster!

Bull Elk tag in a special draw area. - NO
Mule Deer Buck tag in a special draw area. - NO

46th year in a row for Moose and Sheep.
Took me 33 years to draw a mountain goat tag. Populations tanked that year and never got a goat. Had a great hunt and loved every minute of it though.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Moose - NO
Sheep - NO
Goat - NO
Bison - NO I am on a hunt roster where depending on the migration there could be as many as 54 hunters drawn still for this hunt. I am #1471 on the roster!

Bull Elk tag in a special draw area. - NO
Mule Deer Buck tag in a special draw area. - NO

46th year in a row for Moose and Sheep.
Took me 33 years to draw a mountain goat tag. Populations tanked that year and never got a goat. Had a great hunt and loved every minute of it though.
Wow that’s along wait for Moose and Sheep!
The goat would have been a heart breaker to wait so long also and not get one. Did you have opportunity at least?

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Wow that’s along wait for Moose and Sheep!
The goat would have been a heart breaker to wait so long also and not get one. Did you have opportunity at least?
I had a great spring, summer, and finally being able to hunt in the fall, but no I never had an opportunity at a goat. I saw ONE mountain goat the whole time I started looking until the end of season, and the one I saw was before hunting season opened. Except for 4 days total, I hunted completely by myself. Friends and a couple family members were unable to go with me. I backpacked by myself and hunted 3-5 days each and every week from September until the end of November. I had a fantastic time and got to see some amazing country in the Kootenai Creek drainage of the Bitterroot Mountains where I was lucky enough to draw the tag for. This area is west of Stevensville MT. and my tag was for this drainage to the Idaho border and went to the top of the ridges on the north and south side of the creek. It was 13 1/2 miles back to North Kootenai Lake from the trailhead and that was the furtherst back in the drainage that I went. Just by looking I was just a few miles away from the Idaho border. It was a great hunt and I had a lot of fun doing it.