Looks like X6A & X6B are toast

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
Finally drew an X6B tag & will now turn it back in. Dixie & Beckworth fires has pretty much burned the whole place up. Feel sorry for everyone that had to evacuate & hopefully they don't loose their homes to this disaster. Over 800,000 acres burned, probably be over a million before it is all said & done.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I read on another forum that you cant turn in the tag due to fire. Not sure if that's true or BS but thought I would mention it.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
That is rough! The smoke here has been really bad, made for really tough glassing conditions for the archery opener.

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
The fire situation is terrible. I hunt X6B as well. Been watching the fires and depending on growth 6B still has substantial amount of hunting ground unaffected. Lots of deer could be pushed into the un-burnt ground this season.

One could wait till the last moment to see what happens. Also, I think many other hunters have turned in tags so pressure would be light if they let hunters in that unit.

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
I thought about that after the Beckworth fire burned up the E half. Now the Dixie fire is burning up the W half and heading into the Dixie game refuge. It not going to be a lot of space for 300 hunters depending on how many have backed out. Plus who knows if they will let anyone in the NF now anyways. My only saving grace is we drew unit 81 in Wyoming of which l am really looking forward too. Just hope it doesn’t burn up between now & when we go. Good luck everyone