Chukar on the menu tonight!

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
I got a couple of sage grouse last days off, coming up Thursday or Friday I am hoping to get out and get my dog on multiple coveys......congrats, how do you plan on cooking them up??

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I got a couple of sage grouse last days off, coming up Thursday or Friday I am hoping to get out and get my dog on multiple coveys......congrats, how do you plan on cooking them up??
Probably bake them with some potatoes and cream of mushroom soup for a couple hours. I'll let my wife decide...she's a far better cook!
Chukar are one of my favorite birds to eat! It's a workout getting them though!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Probably bake them with some potatoes and cream of mushroom soup for a couple hours. I'll let my wife decide...she's a far better cook!
Chukar are one of my favorite birds to eat! It's a workout getting them though!
congrats !
it is a workout, no doubt about that, but sure is worth the reward!

dangbirds. you chase em to the top an they fly to the bottom. chase em tyo the bottom and they fly back to the top.

played that game in my youth. now I let the youngsters chase em up or down. I stay either on top or bottom of canyon and let em chase em to me.
and I kill a lot more of em now then I used to . getting old makes you hunt smarter instead of harder.

Last edited:

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
4 more today, plus a couple roosters! I commented to my wife (she chased them with me) how much steeper the hills have gotten over the years. I'm 63 in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks Pete. I'm going to have to shoot a bunch of birds to make up for not hunting moose this year!! Easier to pack though!