Back fusion

BleuBijou

Oct 14, 2012
Colorado
I recently had levels 3-4-5 fused after a long battle of trying everything else. I have degenerative disc disease And a few other discs that are bulging. Was wondering if anyone has gone through this and has it hampered your hunting going forward! Thanks in advance! Chad

hoshour

Veteran member
My heart goes out to you. Nothing like pain to take the fun out of things.

My wife has bad osetoarthritis in her neck's facet joints and in the next few years will probably have to all her cervical vertebrae fused. She won't be able to turn her head and will probably lose her driver's license. She's not that old but it runs in her family. She's in pain 24/7 and sleep is really difficult. I don't know how she does it.

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Hey BB, my dad had his lower back fused as he had no discs left at all. He was in a lot of pain for a couple years because it was bone on bone. Since the surgery a couple years ago it definitely limited his hunting as he wasn't able to hike longer distances, though it has gotten better. He actually just completed a 5k today without a lot of pain. I have had lower back pain the last few years and am hoping its not the same.