Wyoming Moose area # 38/41 question.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I drew a Cow moose tag for area 38. I've never hunted the area before. Did most of my hunting for elk & moose around Jackson. I've taken a couple of trips down there and checked out some pretty good looking areas around lakes & creeks. A warden I ran into at a gas station told me to check-out the Pelton creek area for starters. Anybody here have any info they'd like to share? One helpful guy on here (I forgot your handle) said that he had some suggestions for me.
Help please. Thank You.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I gave some basic advice back in June. I have friends that will be bow hunting up there starting next Wednesday so I'll ask them to make note of places they run into some. They also have several trail cameras set up so maybe they will get pics as well. What dates are you going?

ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
I drew a Cow moose tag for area 38. I've never hunted the area before. Did most of my hunting for elk & moose around Jackson. I've taken a couple of trips down there and checked out some pretty good looking areas around lakes & creeks. A warden I ran into at a gas station told me to check-out the Pelton creek area for starters. Anybody here have any info they'd like to share? One helpful guy on here (I forgot your handle) said that he had some suggestions for me.
Help please. Thank You.
I'll send you a pm. I haven't seen as many moose as usual. I'll be out archery hunting elk as much as possible. I'll keep you up to date with sightings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I gave some basic advice back in June. I have friends that will be bow hunting up there starting next Wednesday so I'll ask them to make note of places they run into some. They also have several trail cameras set up so maybe they will get pics as well. What dates are you going?
I'll be there for the opener and about a week there after. And thanks Hilltop!