Wyoming Deer Super Tag!!

MJHansen

Aug 4, 2021
I have been fortunate enough to be the lucky winner of the Wyoming deer super tag!! and am looking for some suggestions on where to possible hunt. I've looked at a bunch of different info on hunting mule deer in Wyoming and have seen units 128, 130, 102, along with 90,87, and 89 in most of what I have read. Is anyone willing to share some more detailed info within the different units?

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
What's your physical capabilities? You okay with cold and blowing snow? Want a hotel, or you okay with sleeping on the ground if you have to? Or are you just willing to go anywhere and do anything that it takes? Do you have western hunting experience?

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Congrats, and I agree with go deep, depends what your wanting out of Hunt, I know which way I’d go and which way I wouldn’t.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Congrats!! I don't have any advice but looking forward to some hunt pics!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
More on Unit 90. I have hunted 90 (it's antelope unit 74) for antelope since 1980. I hunted it for 15 years before I really found any deer. I have only drawn a deer tag 3 times and killed bucks twice. Difficult unit for deer unless you know someone who knows it or you spend a ton of time looking yourself. No substitute for time in the unit for sure.

Last edited:

MJHansen

Aug 4, 2021
What's your physical capabilities? You okay with cold and blowing snow? Want a hotel, or you okay with sleeping on the ground if you have to? Or are you just willing to go anywhere and do anything that it takes? Do you have western hunting experience?
I'm from Utah and have been hunting Utah and Idaho for 20 years. I don't have much knowledge about Wyoming, I have only hunted whitetails up around Ten Sleeps. I'm good to go and willing to do what it takes.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I'm from Utah and have been hunting Utah and Idaho for 20 years. I don't have much knowledge about Wyoming, I have only hunted whitetails up around Ten Sleeps. I'm good to go and willing to do what it takes.
128 and bring everything from a t shirt to snowshoes.
Keep a running thread of your progress, most of us will never draw a tag like that!

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
I did shoot an old, huge bodied regressing Mule deer buck. Took 2 of us to load him in my friend's pickup. Heavy horned 4x4 with brow tines. I wish I knew how to post pictures. Maybe when my grandson and granddaughter come to visit in October I can have them show me how to do it.

Reactions: Bonecollector