Wyoming 1990

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Picture was from 30 years ago when you used to be able to buy 5 extra deer and 5 extra antelope type 6 tags. Spent a lot of time working on the meat. I took a 5 cu ft freezer and butchered , packaged and froze most of my meat in camp.. Dads passed and my son is going to be 55 this year, where did the time go!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The antelope pix is my best friend. It was a really nice buck antelope, the best we took on that trip. Dad is in the pix skinning the deer. He is on his knees and wearing sunglasses.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Those sweatpants in the picture with your dad are very 1990 thats for sure. hahaha I might have had that same pair in kids size back then. lol

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Good old days! Thanks for sharing. Wish I had not waist the years I did before hunting out West. I was 51 on my first trip in 2017. Two of us filled 7 of 8 tags. Could of filled all 8 but I was picky on my mule deer tag.

I remember helping a friend process the meat from a hunting trip to Wyoming in about 1982. His dad, grandfather, two brothers, and a friend went. Not sure how many animals it was but it took 5 of us two full days to process it all.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Thanks for posting. I know the majority of us really took for granted what we had in tag availability. I'm guessing 30 ears from now our kids will say the same thing. It's definitely headed in the wrong direction for those that want to hunt yearly.