Why no Youth Success Section??

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
So now that my daughter has filled her first big game tag with a cow elk, I am wondering why there is not a section dedicated to all of the youth hunters that are finding success in the field. I know that I really enjoy reading all of the stories about youth hunters getting out and filling their tags, and they are also a lot of times some of the most commented on threads on the forum. I don't know how everybody else feels about this idea, but I personally think it would be cool to see a place where all of the youth threads could be congregated. After all the youth are the future of the industry, and anything we can do to keep the kids excited is a good thing. I don't know maybe it would just be overkill, adding another section, but then again maybe this one would be worth it.

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
This came up first for youth when I searched, so here goes. Well, mine got a whitetail doe today. His first. He was pretty excited. He was holding out for a buck, but those whitey bucks didn't wait around for us to shoot them. What the heck were they thinking? It was pretty cold today with a high of 3, and there was a doe that was holding still for him, so we had some success. It was a pretty awesome trip. We saw two nice mule deer, two nice bull elk, and two different herds of elk. My day was made when we saw the bull elk move in to within 100 yards of us, but then it got better to have him get his first big game animal. Hunting gear might start to take the place of a few legos (not all of them for sure) this Christmas. He had a lot of fun.