Whitehorse unit late season Deer muzzleloader 2014

ultmag300

Mar 13, 2011
oregon city ,or
Drew Whitehorse unit late season Deer tag unexpected with 0
points, any help would be greatly appreciated!
This tag is only good for the northeast portion of the unit which I'm totally unfamiliar with, ironically I was in the southern part just last season, my wife and brother both drew antelope tags and we hunted around the McDermott area.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I know on the border of 40/42 near the Idaho border there are alot of thick Junipers. Im not sure if they go into your unit or not. I did not get much past Juniper mountain on the road that is the 40/42 border when I hunted 42.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Drew Whitehorse unit late season Deer tag unexpected with 0
points, any help would be greatly appreciated!
This tag is only good for the northeast portion of the unit which I'm totally unfamiliar with, ironically I was in the southern part just last season, my wife and brother both drew antelope tags and we hunted around the McDermott area.
Congrats, That's amazing ultmag300
PM me, I can probably help.

ultmag300

Mar 13, 2011
oregon city ,or
Thanks guys
Larry the antelope hunt was pretty tough at first my brother had first season so when we got down there only seen one decent buck opening morning,but being a "trophy" unit supposedly, I told my brother not to shoot the first buck he seen opening morning ,so we hunted it hard for 2 more days only seen a few small bucks, we put 130 miles on our quads searching every place we could think of to find antelope, what happened was there had been fires coming in from Idaho which drove almost all the antelope out of the area we were hunting, so to make a long story short my brother ran into a rancher and he said that he would give us permission to come down and hunt on his ranch down by the town of McDerment but that didn't prove any good either because hunters on public land around his place drove the antelope off his ranch and so we decided to head home over by the border of the steens unit and lo and behold we got permission on another ranch and my Brother was able to take a very nice buck
THANK YOU very much southeast Oregon ranchers lol

Last edited:

ljmelea

Sep 26, 2011
Emmett, Idaho, United States
thanks for info,not sure how much burned around whitehorse and denio,last year.I ve drawn that unit twice for pronghorn and need to know your west boundry for your hunt.I know a spot if its in your unit and didn't burn up.Larry

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
hi ultra mag,,,im on this forum too,,,but not d k ,,,hows the burns doing in your whitehorse area?