Where Have You Been All My Life?

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Hello everyone my name is Travis and I live in northeast Indiana. I've been on the forum for a couple weeks and I love it! My wife thinks I need a 12 step program for my addiction! I have three incredible boys Brady,Brody, and Bo 9,6,and 2, and they are my pride and joy! I've been married to a wonderful woman for almost 13 yrs who is supportive of my outdoor pursuits (well fairly supportive- she is of the opinion that the walls are full enough- she's wrong!) I love to hunt and trap here at home, but am obsessed with seeing and hunting new areas. I have hunted Alaska ( me and a buddy for 3 months hunting everything we legally could without a guide after college), Arizona, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Missouri. I have learned that the more you see and learn the more you realize how much more there is to see and how stupid you are! I have been blessed with some great hunting buddies, but none can compare to my older brother and my dad, who are the real hunters in the family! My brother and I have quite a few pts in several states and should have some fantastic hunts coming up. Since we much prefer diy hunts, we are going to be in dire need of information, and you guys seem to be about the best source I've ever found! I am well aware that residents of the West are the true experts ( not kissin-up, just stating the facts), but I hope that I can help sometimes too, so if I can I will!
Thanks,Travis

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Boiler, great intro! Tell your wife walls are for wall Art, not other stuff! My wife is having a hard time now since 2015 I took a moose, elk, a decent mule deer. The elk and deer are eoro's,. Get those boys out in the outdoors every chance you get' They will be your best hunting/fishing partners you'll ever have. Bring along grandpa, and uncle!

boiler

Dec 26, 2015
Indiana
Think I'll tell her that if she finds a more accomplished artist than god, she can start decorating the trophy room!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I like your intro boiler. I am from the west, but can relate to a lot of it. I love to hunt new places. I've had a few great hunting partners, with my dad, brother and brother-in-law right on top the list. I have realized there are more hunts than I'll ever get to go on, but I'm gonna give it a try:). Good luck on all your adventures to come. Definitely a lot of experience on here.

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
welcome to the forum. I take my 6 year old out with me hunting and its the greatest thing ever. Keep those boys in the outdoors.

Matthoek21

Veteran member
Mar 18, 2011
Peachtree City, GA.
Nice intro boiler. Welcome to the forum. Yes you are correct this is a great place to learn and the people are awesome, oh except for one guy, not gonna mention any names but his abbreviation is Sneakypete...lol. Just kidding he's a cool dude to. Good hunter just bad fisherman. Haha!