ssliger

Very Active Member
Mar 9, 2011
Laramie WY
Alright you bow junkies, I need your help. What is the difference:

Helical right-
Helical left-
Offset-

I am having my arrows fletched (have not tried myself). The shop said they are setup to do only right helical. My other arrows are set up offset and I wanted to try helical. Can you guys help me understand the differences.
Thanks,
Steve

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
basicaly it straightens arrow sooner due to air drag. only works with certain rests though. personaly i dont think it makes a diff. if they are set at right helical they wil turn to the right at take off. then straighten out with the air drag.

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
A helical helps to stabilize your arrow better in flight and it helps with accuracy, especially if you are shooting a fixed blade broadhead. My helix fletching jig does a 3 degree helical and I like the spin that it gives the arrow because the arrow is much more stable in flight.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
A helical helps to stabilize your arrow better in flight and it helps with accuracy, especially if you are shooting a fixed blade broadhead. My helix fletching jig does a 3 degree helical and I like the spin that it gives the arrow because the arrow is much more stable in flight.
So what's the difference between a left and right helical? Do lefties have to set it up opposite of righties?

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
So what's the difference between a left and right helical? Do lefties have to set it up opposite of righties?
No difference....providing they're all the same. :) Only major difference is when using feathers (not vanes). If using left wing feathers, you need to use a left helical jig.