What video equipment does everyone use?

SDbowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Winner, SD
I was just curious what video equipment everyone uses, I'm looking at buying a camera to take with me on my backpack hunts. I'm not interested in big professional camera's but a good handheld HD unit to put on my tripod.:cool:

ceby7

Feb 21, 2011
Laurel, MT
I've got the Sony HDR-CX150. Nice little camera, great video quality in my opinion. It's very compact and light. Plenty of battery life to last a weeklong hunt. Nice thing about it is that it has a 16GB internal memory, (which I still haven't filled up since last July), but you can add any size memory card if you need the extra space. You can download all your videos or pictures to your computer easily, just plug it in like a digital camera. I can definately tell the difference in picture quality between the CX150 (HD) and my older Sony video camera (not HD).

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
I have a Samsung SC-HMX20C HD camcorder that has outstanding 1080p video quality. I have used it on several backpack trips and hunts and it did very well. Lately, though, I have just been using the 720p HD video setting on my compact Sony WX1 point-and-shoot camera. The video quality is excellent, and I can use it to easily film through my Vortex Razor 85HD spotting scope. The mountain goat video I posted here

http://www.eastmans.com/forum/showthread.php/575-2010-Montana-Mountain-Goat-Hunt

was entirely filmed and photographed with that little camera.