What to expect in unit 39

Wildphotographer

Jun 10, 2016
Selah, Wa
hi everyone i am wondering what to expect to see for mule deer in unit 39 for the late archery hunt? i am wanting to pack in away from roads and hopefully people from the sounds of it on the research i have already done.. anymore info would be greatly appreciated? average size of bucks on this hunt and what i can expect to see or not see on this hunt..thanks in advance everyone.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
there are some few really big bucks many, 21-25 inch bucks and many, many,many lil dudes and does.by nov most of the deer are in or on their way to winter range, so you will most likely have better luck in the foothills

Wildphotographer

Jun 10, 2016
Selah, Wa
there are some few really big bucks many, 21-25 inch bucks and many, many,many lil dudes and does.by nov most of the deer are in or on their way to winter range, so you will most likely have better luck in the foothills
Thanks for the info!! Is it really packed with people in the foothills during the late archery? Or is there areas I would be able to get away by packing of a road even though it's foothills? I she been doing some research on google earth and looks like a lot of roads are closed which could be good?

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
you should be able to get away from people with minimal effort. especially if we get early snow to help close some roads

Wildphotographer

Jun 10, 2016
Selah, Wa
Perfect looking forward to the hunt! I love chasing mule deer and will be bringing my camera along for some Muley pics also.. Thank you a ton for the info you have given me!'

JT81

Feb 28, 2015
Boise, Idaho
The crowds can be a joke but if you put in some leg work you can get into some nice bucks up around Arrow Rock. Either area your going to a ton of deer during that hunt. It's a good time. Enjoy