What are the deer up to?

TN911

Jun 6, 2018
Missouri
Hey all, here in Missouri we are seeing early signs of rutting whitetails. Some say its because the rutting moon, others think it may be the abnormally cold weather we are having. Whatever the reason is, bring it on! I leave November 1st for a mule deer hunt in Colorado. I can use all the rut activity I can get before I go. Lol. What are the mule deer doing out west? How is the weather?

virgil

Jul 31, 2018
Rib lake wi
last week in Wyoming the bucks I saw were bedded with does, I was surprised by that, typical weather 5 inches snow one day, 65 degrees the next. Good luck!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Deer are starting to respond VERY aggressively in Georgia to Grunt calls and rattling.

The next three weeks should be pretty good hunting.

For little bucks anyhow...lol

I had to wear a jacket last weekend. Brrr....those 45 degree 5 MPH wind temperatures were brutal.

TN911

Jun 6, 2018
Missouri
Deer are starting to respond VERY aggressively in Georgia to Grunt calls and rattling.

The next three weeks should be pretty good hunting.

For little bucks anyhow...lol
Lol all we seem to have in Missouri this year is little bucks too! The deer here have been responding to rattling also. Actually called in a ten point last night and my cousin shot a nice buck with a doe this morning. Unfortunately I will be stuck at work until my trip.

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
The rut never ceases to amaze me. In Kansas and Nebraska it's typically around the second week of November when things really get going.

I've seen a lot of mule deer hunting this week in Wyoming and I have not seen anything the resembles rutting activity. But it's been really warm here as well.

JD88

Aug 29, 2018
Southwest Colorado
Here in Colorado nothing really happening yet. A few small bucks are hanging with the doe’s. But I hope in a couple weeks things will get going. If we could get a little weather I think it would help. Good luck on your hunt

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Here in Colorado nothing really happening yet. A few small bucks are hanging with the doe?s. But I hope in a couple weeks things will get going. If we could get a little weather I think it would help. Good luck on your hunt
Same here in SW Colorado. Deer mostly hanging out in the apple orchards, banner crop of apples this year, lots on the ground. There are about 50 or so in my yard every night, lots of small bucks. Was one pretty nice 4x4, but my neighbors 12 year old shot him opening morning. Rut usually starts here around Thanksgiving. Pretty warm here too...70's daytime, 40's at night.