Wall Tent Stove

kiddwinner

Jun 24, 2013
Cody, Wyoming
Anyone have any advice on a good wall tent stove? I dont want to break the bank and i prefer a bigger one that im not stoking every 2 hours throughout the night. Thanks!

LaHunter

Aug 24, 2012
N.E. LA
The Four Dog Stoves get very good reviews. They have a built in baffle that increases their burn efficiency, which means less wood loading. Also, baffled stoves are 'supposed' to produce less fouling / plugging of your spark arrestor screen because of a more complete combustion of the wood and wood gases.
I have owned a Colorado Cylinder Stove for 2-3 years. It has worked well and has always produced plenty of heat, but with these the flame goes straight up the stove pipe, so you lose a lot of heat and the wood burns faster. I had a local welding shop install a baffle in this stove. I tried it out in the back yard and the baffle seems to have increased the burn time. The Colorado Cylinder Stove are very well made, fyi.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Another plug for the Four Dog. I did a lot of research and got hands on many models. Hands down the Four Dog was built better. I burned it in a few weeks ago and will be using it for the first time this year.