Utah and Wyoming Success

schlaggerman

Mar 10, 2011
Just returned from a combination Utah elk hunt and Wyoming mule deer hunt. I was fortunate to be successful in both states. I shot the Utah spike bull from our spike camp several miles in. A nightmare pack out through fallen timber. Glad it was a smaller elk. The Wyoming mule deer was taken opening day as he descended a chute through the rock cliffs to feed in a large meadow. The deer pack out was much easier, all down hill. Now to pat myself on the back a little bit...both animals went down within sight, elk was double lunged and the mule deer shot through the heart. IMG_0673.jpgIMG_0691.jpgIMG_0725.jpg

BAKPAKR

May 10, 2018
Great job! That is quite an accomplishment with a recurve.

Is that a Dwight Schuh hunting pack you are using?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Just returned from a combination Utah elk hunt and Wyoming mule deer hunt. I was fortunate to be successful in both states. I shot the Utah spike bull from our spike camp several miles in. A nightmare pack out through fallen timber. Glad it was a smaller elk. The Wyoming mule deer was taken opening day as he descended a chute through the rock cliffs to feed in a large meadow. The deer pack out was much easier, all down hill. Now to pat myself on the back a little bit...both animals went down within sight, elk was double lunged and the mule deer shot through the heart. View attachment 22065View attachment 22064View attachment 22063
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schlaggerman

Mar 10, 2011
Bakpakr, Yes that is a Dwight Schuh pack. You know us old guys, we can't get rid of anything. If it ain't broke why fix it? I realize new designs probably do a better job but my Schuh pack and I get along fine.

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
Huge congrats. That is no easy task and to do it all without wheels!! simply awesome.