Unit 34 Wyoming Deer

blanco.ericm

Jun 21, 2019
Hi Folks - anyone have experience with this unit?

Specifically, I'm going to be hunting during archery in the middle of the month and wanted to get some information from someone who may have hunted in the past. Took me 10 years to draw this tag!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Hello I am Bonecollector from Ohio. I love to fish and bow hunt, but pickup the rifle often on out-of-state hunts.
I travel west every year and have been successful the past 7-8 years on having a good time as well as filling tags. I'll post some pictures when I have a few minutes in the coming days. I've hunted NM, WY, MO, & CO as well as QB to name a few locales. If anyone has any questions about my experiences or thinks I may have something to offer them, please ask.
I'll have a few questions of my own soon concerning the recent tag I just drew in an area with which I'm unfamiliar. I going to learn as much about the area by pouring over the F&G website, studying G.E., using Google Searches, as well as speaking with state officers so that I can come back with well thought-out and intelligent questions that will actually assist me in my goal of HAVING A GOOD TIME as well as filling a tag.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, making a lot of new friends and to the "Share & Learn" process.
~Bonecollector

Just say'n :rolleyes:

blanco.ericm

Jun 21, 2019
Hello I am Bonecollector from Ohio. I love to fish and bow hunt, but pickup the rifle often on out-of-state hunts.
I travel west every year and have been successful the past 7-8 years on having a good time as well as filling tags. I'll post some pictures when I have a few minutes in the coming days. I've hunted NM, WY, MO, & CO as well as QB to name a few locales. If anyone has any questions about my experiences or thinks I may have something to offer them, please ask.
I'll have a few questions of my own soon concerning the recent tag I just drew in an area with which I'm unfamiliar. I going to learn as much about the area by pouring over the F&G website, studying G.E., using Google Searches, as well as speaking with state officers so that I can come back with well thought-out and intelligent questions that will actually assist me in my goal of HAVING A GOOD TIME as well as filling a tag.
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, making a lot of new friends and to the "Share & Learn" process.
~Bonecollector

Just say'n :rolleyes:
I can show you how to make a mean meatloaf! Even trade?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
No not an even trade. But we?re starting to get somewhere. You?re now starting to interact and you have two posts. Yeehaw!

What else you got brother? [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
Where are you from Blanco?

I actually hunted antelope in that unit a few years ago. I was mostly hunting in the sage flats and didn't see too many mule deer, but from I have been told a lot of the mule deer hunters will concentrate in the NW corner of the unit where you get into a bit higher elevation, but I am sure that mule deer can be found through the unit in different pockets. Good luck!

Last edited:

blanco.ericm

Jun 21, 2019
No not an even trade. But we?re starting to get somewhere. You?re now starting to interact and you have two posts. Yeehaw!

What else you got brother? [emoji2957]

Alright! Here are just some of the things I have to offer...
- max deductions on your taxes
- no hands massages
- italian food recipes

This will be the first year I hunt out west but I lucky enough to have three quality hunts. Im 34 and I expect to make up for my late start out west very quickly. Maybe not this year but I expect to have a lot to share with this group.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Be careful with option 2. This is a family friendly hunting forum. [emoji23]

In all seriousness enjoy the journey. I often hate the use of that phrase but it is very true in this case. First and foremost plan to have a lot of fun and enjoy yourself whether you fill a tag or not. Do not rush things and try and make up for ?lost time?. Take the first trip to find out what you enjoy what you do not and plan future hunts around these experiences.

robsev

Feb 23, 2011
Gillette, WY
I hunt antelope in that area every year. As stated above, the greatest share of hunters go to the southwest side of the unit where there are more trees. Don't be afraid to check out the prairie. In the last 8 years I have drawn one deer tag and I killed a huge 3 point (with a 4th point he would have scored 180+). I have seen some bigger ones, all in the prairie. When I was younger I walked the camel humps (pretty rough territory) and saw 3 really nice mulies.